- Represented a royalty owner in obtaining a final summary judgment for declaratory and monetary relief worth seven figures, plus attorneys’ fees, on his behalf in a dispute concerning the value of his mineral royalty interests resulting from a series of royalty deeds from his predecessors (well operator was a nominal party only).
- Represented a major vertically integrated oil company in multiple qui tam litigation suits brought by former MMS officials alleging the company’s underpayment of federal royalties and disputing the propriety of oil & gas royalty valuations determined under federal regulations.
- Represented an overriding royalty interest owner in its pursuit of a breach of contract claim against the well operator for withholding payment of certain overriding royalties.
- Represented an oil & gas exploration and production company in litigation concerning a dispute over an overriding royalty interest, resulting in a favorable settlement for the company.
- Provided expert witness opinions in support of oil & gas producer regarding deductibility of post-production costs in connection with a royalty valuation and underpayment suit.
- Defended an independent oil & gas exploration company against complex claims brought by one of its cotenants that it had acquired title to their jointly owned mineral estate through adverse possession.
- Represented both assignees and assignors in a variety of disputes over their purchase and sale agreements and their associated deeds or assignments.
- Represented various oil companies in trespass to try title litigation disputes.
- Represented one joint working interest owner against another in a contract and title dispute over their respective rights to conduct competing operations in the wellbore of a horizontally severed mineral estate.